To edit a listing in HomeBase 3.0:
Opening a Listing for Editing:
There are 3 ways to open a Listing for editing:
- Double-click the Listing you want to edit.
- With your mouse cursor on the listing you want to edit, right-click and select ‘Edit’.
- Select the Listing you’d like to update by clicking on it. (It will show as highlighted in blue.) From the toolbar, choose the ‘Edit Listing’ icon.
Editing a Listing:
In the ‘Edit Listing” window:
- Make the changes to the fields you want to edit.
- Click [Save] in the bottom right corner to save your changes.
- Click [Close].
~ Or ~
- Click the ‘Save’, ‘New’, or ‘Clone’ icon in the toolbar at the top of the window.
Deleting a Listing:
Deleting a listing follows the same process as editing. You can do any of the following:
- Double-click the listing you want to delete. When the ‘Edit Listing’ window opens, click the ‘Delete” icon in the toolbar.
- With your mouse cursor on the listing you want to delete, right-click and select ‘Delete’.
- Select the listing you want to delete by clicking on it so that it’s highlighted in blue. Click the ‘Delete Listing’ icon in the toolbar.
Note: As long as you upload your changes to AbeBooks, deleted listings will be considered ‘sold’ and will be removed from your online inventory. While deleting a listing can be used as an alternative to reducing the quantity to 0 to mark a book as ‘sold’, by doing so you will retain no records of your sold listings. AbeBooks does not save these for you.
Editing Multiple Listings:
Multiple listing updates can be done the same way as single listing edits. Simply select multiple listings instead of just one.
You can select a consecutive list or a random group of listings.
To select consecutive listings:
- Click on the first listing to highlight it in blue.
- While holding down the [Shift] key, click on the last listing you’d like included in the group. The consecutive range will all be highlighted in blue.
To select nonconsecutive listings:
- Click on the first listing you’d like included.
- Hold down the [Ctrl] key.
- Click on the next listing you’d like included, and then the next.
- Continue holding down the [Ctrl] key until you have selected all the listings you’d like to edit or delete. Selected items will be highlighted in blue – listings not selected will have no highlighting.
Once selected, the multiple listings can then be edited.
- Right-click and choose ‘Edit X Items’. The listings will open in an ‘Edit Listing’ window.
- All fields will be displayed.
- If there are fields that contain different data between listings, i.e. if some are hardcover and some softcover, those fields will display as blank and will have a yellow background.
- Any fields that contain the same data shared between all listings will display the common data and will have no background color.
- When you change the data in a field, the background color will be highlighted in bright orange to indicate that this value will be applied to all the selected listings.
- Any field except Item ID may be edited. The changes will be applied to all the selected listings.
- In multi-edit mode, the ‘Send to AbeBooks’ option is un-checked by default. Be sure to check it before saving if you want to upload your changes.
- When you’re done, click [Save]. A confirmation window will open, confirming how many listings are being updated and which fields are changed. Click [OK] to save.
Multi-edit can help you to update your listings to take advantage of our standardized lists, i.e. you can add Condition to all your ‘Fine’ books at once. You can also use multi-edit to add Categories to multiple listings in a single category at the same time.
Deleting Multiple Listings:
Deleting multiple listings follows the same process as editing. Once you’ve selected the listings you want to delete:
- Right-click and choose ‘Delete X Items’. A confirmation window will open, confirming the number of listings to be deleted.. If you want to delete your items, click [OK]; if not, click [Cancel].