HomeBase® 2.3 is free inventory software developed by AbeBooks. It is an easy-to-use program that allows you to keep track of books, catalogs, clients, Wants, and invoices. HomeBase 2.3 is available for PCs running Microsoft Windows 98/ME (with 64 MB of RAM), Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista (128 MB of RAM is advisable).
To download HomeBase 2.3 to your computer:
- Go to the HomeBase 2.3 download page.
- Click the [Download HomeBase] button.
- Click [Save] in the File Download dialog box.
- Select an easily accessible location on your computer, such as your Desktop, to save HomeBase 2.3 to. Click [Save].
Once you have downloaded HomeBase, it is necessary to install it on your computer system.
To install HomeBase 2.3 on your computer, close any open programs on your computer and proceed as follows:
- Double-click the [HomeBase23_Multi.exe] icon on your Desktop, or in the location you chose to save the download file.
- Select your language and click [OK].
- Click [Next].
- Read through the HomeBase Software license agreement and select the [I Accept the terms in the HomeBase Software license agreement] option. Click the [Next] button.
- Do one of the following:
- To install HomeBase 2.3 to the default folder, click the [Next] button.
- To install HomeBase 2.3 to another location, browse to the location, click the [OK] button and then click the [Next] button.
- Select the [Yes] option button and then click the [Next] button.
- Click the [Next] button.
- Click the [Next] button to begin the installation.
- Click the [Finish] button.
You will be prompted to use the Setup Wizard the first time you use HomeBase 2.3. If you wish, you can skip the Setup Wizard and relaunch it at any time from the ‘Tools’ menu.
- For help on using HomeBase, there is a Help module included in the software that you can access by clicking [Help] in the HomeBase menu bar.
- You can also download the HomeBase 2.3 User Guide.