When you shop on AbeBooks you can save your credit card details within your AbeBooks account. You can update or remove saved credit cards anytime, as well as add new credit card details. Your credit card data is encrypted on our secure server and is never shared with anyone.
Our video tutorial also offers instructions.
All updates are made through the [Manage My Credit Cards] page.
To add a new card to your account:
- Select the type of card you want to enter from the ‘Select Credit Card’ drop-down menu. For example, if you are entering a new Visa card, select, “Add new: Visa.”
- Enter the card details and the associated billing address.
- Assign a Card Description to the card, i.e. ‘My Card’, ‘Corporate Card’ or ‘Rewards Card,’ to make it easy to identify for future purchases and updates. You can only use a particular Card Description once – for instance, if you have described a card as “My card”, you cannot use that identical description if you add a second card.
- Select the [Make this my preferred payment method] and [Make this my preferred shipping address] check boxes, if those options apply.
- Click the [Save Changes] button to save the card information within your account.