If you search for a book on AbeBooks and it isn′t currently available, creating a Want is an easy way for us to keep searching for you – automatically.
Once you′ve created a Want, our Wants system will send you an email as soon as a matching copy is listed for sale on AbeBooks, including a link to the listing.
› Learn more about using Wants
To create a Want:
- After searching for a book and failing to find any copies, click [Create a Want] in the column in the center of the page.
- Add any additional criteria about your desired book and click [Add Want] to save it in our system.
To Edit & Manage Wants:
- Go to [My Account] and click [List and Maintain My Wants].
- On this page, you can:
If you no longer wish to receive Want match emails, delete the Want(s).
- Delete a Want by clicking [Delete this Want]
- Edit an existing Want by clicking [Update this Want]
- Create a new Want by clicking [Add new wants to your want inventory].
To Review Want Matches:
- Go to [My Account] and click [My Recently Matched Wants].
- Matches made within the last 14 days will be displayed. To view older matches, click [Show all matches for this Want].
- Matches can be deleted by clicking [Delete This Match] at the bottom of the match listing.
- To order a matching book, click [Add to Basket] but if someone else has already purchased the book, it will appear as BOOK SOLD when added to your Shopping Basket.
- To edit a Want′s criteria, click [Update this Want].