If you don’t already use Cyberduck, download and install here, then follow the instructions below.
- Open Cyberduck.
In the dialog box that opens, populate the fields as follows:
- New Cyberduck Users: Click ‘Bookmark’ in the top toolbar, then ‘New Bookmark’ to create a New Bookmark.
- Previous Cyberduck Users: Click your existing AbeBooks FTP bookmark from the list at the bottom of the screen to highlight it, then click ‘Bookmark’ in the top toolbar, then ‘Edit Bookmark’.
Click the red X to save and close.
When you want to connect to AbeBooks via FTP, simply double-click on the new or edited AbeBook FTP bookmark on the main Cyberduck screen and enter your User ID and password.
- From the drop-down in the first field: Select ‘FTP-SSL (Explicit AUTH TLS)
- Nickname: Can be the name of your choice, i.e. ‘AbeBooks FTP’ or something similar, to help you identify it later.
- Server: ftp.abebooks.com
- Port: 21
- Username: [enter your AbeBooks USER ID]
- Note: the the ‘URL’ field will update automatically as soon as you enter the ‘Server’ and ‘Username’.
After completing these steps, you will now be ready to upload files using FTPS.