If your order was not placed due to a declined payment, there are several things you can do.
- Confirm your credit card number and expiration date are correct by going to My Account and clicking on Manage My Credit Cards under My Personal Info or by clicking Revise your payment method and try again during checkout.
Note: The card number cannot be edited. To edit the card number, you need to delete and re-enter the card.
- Contact your credit card provider:
- Ask about any daily withdrawal or purchase limits. Payment declines may be due to these limits.
- Payments may be processed internationally. AbeBooks is located in Canada and uses credit card processing services located in the US, Canada, and Europe. Ask if this was the reason for the payment decline.
- If you’re using a gift card there may be terms and conditions that have prevented the transaction from completing.
After contacting your credit card provider, you can retry your payment method by returning to your Shopping Basket and placing the order again. If the items are no longer available, you can search for another copy from another seller.