Listings accompanied by bookseller-supplied images are up to 50% more likely to sell than listings without. Bookseller-supplied images also reduce customer complaints since buyers can see the book they are ordering in advance. AbeBooks adds stock images for ISBN books, when available, but bookseller-supplied images greatly enhance the shopping experience for customers.
We have included some tips below for ensuring high image quality.
- The image must accurately represent the product and show only the product that’s for sale, with minimal or no propping.
- Provide multiple images of different parts of the book for each listing. For example: the dust jacket, an illustrated plate and the copyright page.
- Each listing may include up to five pictures and you can define the main image for each listing.
Setting Up The Shot
- Use a white or neutral background.
- Avoid using a flash, which can cause shadows, reflections, hot spots, and grayness.
- Shoot with the best light source behind you. Natural lighting is best.
- Use a tripod to keep the camera steady, resulting in clear, sharp photos.
- If you don’t have a tripod, place the camera on a flat surface and use the shutter timer to eliminate excess motion.
Saving and Editing
- Save and upload your images in high-resolution.
- Check your white balance setting. Most digital cameras have a setting called Auto White Balance (AWB) that compensates for tinting and creates a neutral or ‘daylight’ photo. If your photos turn out blue or yellow, try adjusting the white balance setting.
› Learn more about technical specifications and help uploading images to AbeBooks