AbeBooks is focused on the health and safety of our employees, and based on regional regulations and social distancing requirements this has resulted in longer than usual response times from Customer Support. Please be patient.
If you have a specific question about an order, we recommend contacting the seller directly. This is often the fastest way to obtain order information. View instructions.
Due to Covid-19, delivery times may be longer than normal in your area. Learn more
Many other questions can be answered by visiting our help center.
To update from HomeBase 2.3 to HomeBase 3.2 follow the steps below:
Step One – Download and Install HomeBase 3.2:
1. Download HomeBase 3.2 by selecting “Download HomeBase” in the My Downloads section of your Members Menu. You can also access the download page via this link:
2. Select the [Download HomeBase] button.
3. Choose [Save File]. Once the download is complete, open the ‘HomeBase 3.2.exe’ file to launch the HomeBase 3 Setup Wizard. Simply follow the prompts to complete the installation.
4. Select the setup language.
5. Select [Next]
6. Read and accept the End-User License Agreement.
7. Set the Installation Folder. It will be ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\AbeBooks\HomeBase\’ by default.
8. Select the Start Menu Shortcuts Folder. We recommend using the default HomeBase 3 folder location.
If the default folder is NOT selected for either of the above, make a note of the folders selected to make them easy to find later on.
9. Configure Shortcuts.
10. Select [Install]. The installation may take a few minutes.
11. Once installed, select [Finish] to launch HomeBase 3.2.
***IMPORTANT: If your account is set up to interpret the HomeBase 2.3 ‘On Hold’ status as ‘unavailable,’ please visit the HomeBase 3.2 File Imports help page for important steps that must be completed BEFORE importing your inventory into HomeBase 3.2. Look for the ‘Important Note for HomeBase 2.3 Users.’
Step Two – Import Your HomeBase 2.3 Inventory into HomeBase 3.2:
2. Select ‘Import from HomeBase 2’ and click [Next].
3. Select ‘Browse’ and navigate to “C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files(x86)\HomeBase”. You will want to select the file ‘hbdata.hbd’
4. Press [Next].
5. You will be asked whether you wish to ‘Use my existing numbers’ or ‘Provide new numbers for all books’. Please select ‘Use my existing numbers’.
6. You will be asked whether you want to merge your listings with the existing listings or whether you want to delete any listings already in HomeBase and replace them with the contents of the file you are importing. As you will not have any pre-existing listing in HomeBase 3.2 simply select [Next].
6. You will be asked to Map any of the terms that HomeBase does not recognise in your fields to corresponding Search Attributes on Abebooks – for example, if you have included ‘Original Wraps’ as one of your binding descriptions, HomeBase will ask you to confirm what that means. Click [Next].
Continue mapping your unique terms to equivalent terms.
7. A confirmation window will open, confirming whether listing IDs are being overwritten and whether existing inventory is being purged.
• To change these actions, use the [Cancel] button.
• To continue, click [Next].
8. You will receive a ‘Success!’ message – click [Finish].
You can now view your Listings by clicking on the ‘Listings’ tab at the top of the screen.
We recommend you check the ‘AbeBooks Valid’ column at the far right of your listings. Any books that say ‘Invalid’ will NOT be uploaded to Abebooks when you send your listings.
If a listing says ‘Invalid’, double-click on the listing to open it. A red X will indicate the fields that are preventing the listing from being Valid. For more information on correcting invalid listings please visit this help page.
For more information on managing your inventory within HomeBase 3.2 please visit our online help