AbeBooks is focused on the health and safety of our employees, and based on regional regulations and social distancing requirements this has resulted in longer than usual response times from Customer Support. Please be patient.
If you have a specific question about an order, we recommend contacting the seller directly. This is often the fastest way to obtain order information. View instructions.
Due to Covid-19, delivery times may be longer than normal in your area. Learn more
Many other questions can be answered by visiting our help center.
All sellers with a VAT obligation in Germany must obtain and provide AbeBooks with a copy of their German Tax Certificate. Sellers who ship goods to customers in Germany but are not obligated to be tax registered in Germany are required to submit a declaration to AbeBooks. More information can be found here.
To submit a copy of your German Tax Certificate directly through your seller account:
1. Sign onto your AbeBooks account using your email address and password
2. Click Required: Update your account information in the To-Do List of your Members Menu
3. Click Selling in Germany on the Manage my account
4. Review the information on the Selling into Germany page and Select to upload a Tax Certificate
5. Click [Start now]. You will be re-directed to Amazon’s website.
6. On the Tax Information Interview page, fill out all the fields accurately and click Submit
7. On the Client Dashboard click Select File
8. Once selected, the file name will populate under ‘Tax Certificate’ and you can click Upload Documents
9. Click Exit if you are satisfied with the information provided. You will be directed back to AbeBooks
The status on the next page will show ‘Pending’ while your information is reviewed which may take up to 3~5 business days. If your tax certificate is accepted or rejected, you will receive a notification in your Members Menu.
Please ensure that all pages of your Tax Certificate are clearly legible and included in one single file attachment to a maximum file size of 10MB. If your Tax Certificate is more than one page, it must be submitted as a single file attachment. PDF file types are ideal for multi-page documents.
We accept files in the format of pdf, jpeg, doc, docx, png, tiff, gif and bmp. Maximum file size of 10MB