AbeBooks is focused on the health and safety of our employees, and based on regional regulations and social distancing requirements this has resulted in longer than usual response times from Customer Support. Please be patient.
If you have a specific question about an order, we recommend contacting the seller directly. This is often the fastest way to obtain order information. View instructions.
Due to Covid-19, delivery times may be longer than normal in your area. Learn more
Many other questions can be answered by visiting our help center.
HomeBase 3.2 can export most common standard file formats, including:
Exporting Your Inventory:
1. To begin the export process, select open the File menu, top-left of any HomeBase screen, and select ‘Export’.
2. The Export Wizard will open. Select the data you’d like to export and click [Next >].
3. Choose whether to export all your data, just changes since a specific date, or just data from specific catalogs. Once you’ve made your selection, click [Next >].
4. Select the export format and click [Next >].
5. A ‘Save As’ window will open. Choose a location on your computer to save your export file. If you wish, you can also rename the file. Click [Save].
6. When the ‘Success!’ message appears, click [Finish].
UIEE Export For Amazon:
While the Amazon (Bookloader) file format is available as an export option in HomeBase 3.2, files exported using this format may no longer process correctly on the Amazon website, due to changes made by Amazon to their Bookloader template. Although not specifically intended for use with Amazon, the UIEE format available in HomeBase can be manually altered for upload to Amazon.
Note: If you choose to use this option, you will not be able to list books with a condition of ‘new’.
To begin, follow the steps above to create an export file in UIEE format. You will then need to follow the steps below to manually edit your file before uploading to Amazon.
Editing Your UIEE Export File:
The following process may be performed in a variety of text editing or word processing programs; the instructions below apply specifically to Microsoft Excel 2010 and Windows Notepad. Steps may vary slightly depending on the specifc software and version you are using.
Editing your UIEE file in Microsoft Excel 2010:
Editing your UIEE file in Notepad:
To upload the file to Amazon: